Revitalize your smile with restorative treatments from the Arbor View Dental Group team! If your smile is suffering as a result of injury, decay, or simply wear and tear, we can restore your healthy smile. Our comprehensive list of restorative procedures will improve the health and appearance of your smile. Ask about restorative dentistry today!
Do I need Restorative Dentistry Services in Roseville, CA?
You may need restorative dentistry services in Roseville, CA if you have a large amount of gaps and spaces in your teeth, or you find yourself suffering from TMJ related issues.
Are you thinking about setting up an appointment with a restorative dentist? Below are some of the procedures offered by our restorative dental office.
Complete and Partial Dentures
There are different types of dentures, but they share their common function. They replace teeth that have become loose or been lost due to bone loss. When bone loss around the roots of teeth is great enough to loosen them or let them fall out, it’s time for dentures.
Relax. No one enjoys losing their natural teeth, but you can still eat and talk regularly.
Getting your dentures is a fairly simple 4-step process:
1. We start by examining your entire mouth.
2. We then make a determination as to which teeth we need to remove, and which will remain.
3. We extract your loose teeth.
4. We fit the dentures to go over or around whatever teeth remain in the mouth, depending on the type.
There is an adjustment period after dentures are placed in the mouth, and it can take some getting used to. However, once accustomed to the dentures, all the normal functionality and appearance return and one just carries on as usual. Often implantscan be used to further stabilize the dentures.
TMJ stands for temporal-mandibular joint. Temporal, as in temple area of skull; mandibular as in mandible, or lower jaw; joint as in it’s where the head and jaw meet. Problems in this joint may be caused by a misalignment of the teeth, trauma, or excess muscle tension.
Aside from the two bones that meet there, cartilage buffers them and five muscles are involved in the area. If something goes wrong, a good deal of trouble can result.
Problems in this area can cause:
- Trouble/soreness in opening and closing the mouth
- Clicking or popping of the jaw
- Pain in the jaw muscles
- Soreness in the area, sometimes extending to the face
A misaligned bite or odd chewing habits can cause stress or strain on the TMJ joint, and correcting any oddities to the dental structure within the mouth can oftentimes fix some of the issues with the TMJ joint.
Treatment for TMJ-related issues includes solutions for problems with opening and closing, as well as any other form of stress on the TMJ joint as a whole.
Dental treatments for TMJ can include replacing missing teeth, moving teeth, adjusting the bite, filling gaps between teeth, etc. There is no one solution that is right for all cases.
Sometimes a plastic mouthpiece is used to prevent clenching or grinding that is contributing to the problem. If untreated and taken to extremes, surgery may be required to repair a badly damaged joint.
What Other Kinds of Restorative Dentistry Services are Available in Roseville, CA?
Other restorative dental procedures include replacements for missing or extracted teeth, as well as surface-level fixes for worn down teeth.
Learn more about these dental procedures on our cosmetic dentistry page.
- Dental crowns work to replace some of the exterior surface of the tooth, while still maintaining the grinding surface found on your back molars.
- Things like dental bridges and partial dentures work under the same principle as a replacement dental crown, as they are crafted to cooperate with your remaining teeth to provide an easy to care for surface to chew on for years to come. While dental bridges can be used to replace anywhere from three to six teeth per bridge, they do require either remaining natural teeth or the installation of a dental implant to use.
- Dentures, on the other hand, are used in situations where almost none of the natural teeth remain in place, and can replace both top and bottom sets of teeth if needed.
If you are looking for restorative dentistry services in Roseville, CA, call our office to set up a consultation. We would be happy to help answer any questions you may have, and would love to help plan out a treatment direction with you so you can get the most out of your natural teeth for years to come.
Book your appointment, call at (916)-780-2262 Now!
Arbor View’s restorative dental procedures will give you back your smile and improve your dental health for years to come.